You've been planning this vacation for months and now it's time to pack your bags. Follow these tips and tricks to help make your honeymoon be just as wonderful as it should be.
Before You Go
1. Have a packing list: Create a packing list at least a week or two before you plan to leave. You will be so busy with your wedding that it you will be very likely to forget something you don't have it written down. Plan ahead and it will help keep you from leaving important items at home.
2. Label your luggage: Make sure to have luggage tags on your luggage with your name, updated address, and a phone number that you can be reached. Also, place this information inside your luggage in case the tag on the outside gets misplaced. In case your luggage goes missing, the founder will be able to get it back to you.
3. Place a bright colored ribbon on your luggage: Most luggage looks alike now a days. Tie a bright colored ribbon or another identifier on the outside of your bag so you can easily spot it.
4. Take your packing list with you: When you're packing to come back home, it will help ensure you're not leaving anything behind.
5. Familiarize yourself with airline polices: If you're flying, make sure you following the 3-1-1 policy for liquids and also be aware of any additional charges that the airline charges for checking baggage.
6. Leave information with a family member: Leave a copy of your itinerary and hotel information with a family member. Also, make a copy of your passport, credit card, and IDs and leave them with a trusted family in case something gets lost and you need access to it.
1. Roll, don't fold: Instead of folding your clothes, roll them. This will give you more space in your luggage and will also help keep them from wrinkling.
2. Ziploc bags are your friend: Pack your liquids in them to keep them from spilling in your luggage. Also, bring a few empty ones to bring back shells and other small trinkets.
3. Mix up your clothes between suitcases: Put half of each person's clothes in each suitcase in case one goes missing. That way you both have clothes.
4. Don't put important items in your checked baggage: Any medication, electronics, and other important or expensive items should always be in your carry-on. Also, bring an extra change of clothes, just in case.
5. Save room in your suitcase: You're going to end up buying souvenirs so make sure to leave room for them in your bags.